Thursday, November 17, 2016

When Less Would Have Been More

Today I had too much camera, or more accurately, too much lens.


Shortly after the sun was up I walked through a field hoping to see some ducks on the lake below and had my zoom lens ready to snap a few pictures if I were to get lucky.


There were ducks, but the walk through the dew coated grass in the morning sun was more of a treat.


However I could not do the experience justice with my zoom lens and found myself wishing I had brought far less.  A macro lens for closeup shots of the spiderwebs would have been a better choice.


It's not the first time I was surprised by early morning spiderwebs.  Back at the old house in the country I was treated to a field filled with them.  (I'm Walkin' Into Spiderwebs)



Strings of pearls.  So pretty.



I am really looking forward to another opportunity with a better lens choice very soon.  It's fall so I know I'll get a chance.