Sunday, October 2, 2016

Today I Miss My House

It has been 6 months since we sold the house and I moved to the city.  For the first time since making the move I really miss the house.  It's fall, you see, and we had the most beautiful backyard for the season.




Whether sitting by the fire pit with coffee or on the porch with friends, the view made my heart happy.


The vibrant colors were stunning.  But when the wind could be heard coming in from the north across the river valley, my happy heart beat a tad faster knowing these beautiful gems would release from their branches and swirl through the air.


Oh, yes.  Today I miss the house.


One of the great things about living in the country was knowing I could enjoy the season and not need to rake the leaves like I would have living in the city.  The leaves remained on the ground and broke down over the winter to help feed the trees again in the spring.


All the beauty, but none of the work.