Friday, August 5, 2016

Lots of Reasons it was a Good Week

Happy Friday!  How was your week?  Mine was a little different.

Monday
A last shower in our tiny old cast iron tub with it's leaky faucets and very low shower head.


Tuesday
Demo Day.   Bye-bye tub.


While the guys had that going I made great progress on my new quilt.


Wednesday
It Was a Wicked Wednesday.  Took in the musical at the Houston Hobby Center with friends.


Spoiled ourselves a little and got a hotel room for the night so we could have a tub and shower.  Meanwhile the new tub got dropped in.  Look how deep!


Thursday
National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day.  I celebrated.


Cement board and plumbing - check.


Friday
Stuck at home for one more day but did a little birding on my computer.  Yep.  Went through some old pictures and found 2 birds for my Life List that I didn't know I had.  



Long day for the guys and I got a little stir crazy, but the tub got done!  The hot showers and warm soaks can begin!


Glass guy comes Monday to measure for the barrier, but I have the old shower curtain to use until then.

Now it's time to settle in to enjoy a weekend at home.  Breck has traveled the last two weekends so it will be nice to have him home.