Monday, May 9, 2016

Good Mom on Mother's Day

Yesterday was Mother's Day and I spent it with my mom, family, and friends.  One of my sons even made it into town which was quite the treat.  Before we all gathered at my brother and sister-in-law's for smoked meat and treats, Breck and I went to a local park to break in my Mother's Day present,  a new tripod.


Now you are probably wondering why I'm going another post with birds and I can explain.  This is a Killdeer mom  (Mother's Day remember) and she was awesome.


She had a nest with 3 eggs in it near the trail we were walking.  As we approached she lead us away from her nest pretending to have an injured wing so we would pay attention to her not her eggs.


When we stopped following she escalated her behavior until we began to approach her again.  When we far enough away for her liking she flew back to her nest.


Great mom.  See, not a bird post.  It's a Mother's Day post.  Happy day after Mother's Day all.