Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Forget "Before." It's all About the "After."

I am a little out of practice documenting change.  Actually, I think it's just that I have so many hobbies and interests that it's a see-saw; some weeks, months, years I have different focuses.  This post is a perfect example.  I was halfway through my current project when it dawned on me to take pictures.  However, I did find this old photo of what it looked like before.


Living in a small space requires two things: organization and storage.  Our one closet (yes, ONE) had neither.  It was your typical rod system that was only good for hanging clothes and the shoes were on the floor.  I ripped out all the old wire shelving and brackets, filled the holes, repainted and waited for my new closet system to be installed.


And I'm in love!


We have so much more storage now that I am able to get rid of a dresser of drawers that is a one-too-many piece of furniture in the bedroom.


We can hang all our clothes, our shoes are off the floor so we can see them, and our folded clothes are in drawers.


Belts, hats, and bags now have hooks that can be moved around thanks to the slat wall we put on the back wall and our suitcases and off-season clothes have a home up high out of the way.


And I don't know how, but now the closet looks even bigger than it did and it's only 61"D x 67"W.


I even have shelve space above that has not been filled yet!  Awesome.  Now to get rid of the plastic hangers.


PS.  The above system was installed by SpaceMan.  We used them once before in our closets in Sugar Land and loved them so we had them back for this project and could not be happier.