Wednesday, April 6, 2016

The Day Before

The day before?

View from my vacation balcony
What does that even mean?

Horned Lark
Especially when it is clearly the day after I began some much needed vacation time away.

Firewheel in a field of cacti
It's simple really and these pictures help explain.

Herring Gull
It is the day before I begin taking pictures with my new camera and super 400mm lens.

Sanderling
That new lens will help me get much clearer pictures than what I have been presenting you with lately.

Ruddy Turnstone
You may wonder why I am even posting these pictures. (I don't ever want an opportunity like the one below to catch me off guard again.  So blurry.  Argh.)

American Bittern
Call it a point of reference.

Great-tailed Grackle
I have high hopes for tomorrow's photos.  Cross your fingers that the learning curve is not too steep.