Tuesday, January 26, 2016

January Daybook

It has been a few years since I have participated in The Simple Woman's Day Book.  Really excited about being back.  Hopefully I can get back in the habit of making this a monthly entry.

For Today . . .  I'm settled in with my boys at the city house on this Tuesday at the end of January.


Outside my window . . .there is a steady rain falling making a wonderful pattering sound on the windows.

I am thinking . . . about getting dinner started since it is beginning to get a little late.  This is a nighttime edition.

I am thankful . . . that I have everything I need for dinner so I won't need to make a run to the store in the rain.

I am wearing . . . sweatpants and comfy long sleeved t-shirt since the house is getting a little chilly with the cold front pushing through , the sun going down, and the rain.

I am creating . . . a list of things I need to accomplish this week so that I can be most productive next week when I hope to dive into some home improvements.

I am going . . . to have all the tools and supplies organized and ready so when I get started on my home improvements I won't need to stop when I'm on a roll to run to The Home Depot or Lowes.

I am wondering . . . where the line between "reasonable to finish" and "you bit off more than you could chew" lies.  I guess I'll find out.

I am reading . . .  a book a neighbor passed on to me titled The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (a.k.a. J.K. Rowling).  So far I am loving the mystery and really happy there are two other books in the series to look forward to.

I am hoping . . . to get some good work done in my kitchen tomorrow.  My dad is coming out to give me a hand.  Maybe I can even get my microwave hung and working.  We're getting there with a lot of help.


I am learning . . . to take advantage of living in the city.

In my garden . . . I have made clippings from last year's herbs and rooted them to have a garden here at the city house.  So far the oregano, basil, parsley, chives, rosemary, sage, and mint have all taken to their pots.  I'll still need to pot some thyme (it didn't make it) and cilantro.

In my kitchen . . . I have Thai Chicken in the crockpot, but still need to get the rice going and make some egg rolls.

A favorite quote for today . . .  "The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain."  Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.   It is what it is.

A peek into one of my days . . .  showing a lovely sunset and fire in my backyard in the country last week.  This was followed by baking bread in my dutch oven over the coals and a quiet evening with my honey.


One of my favorite things . . . is a warm quilt on a chilly night.  And a hot cup of cocoa.

To see more women's daybook entries, click on the icon below.

 The Simple Woman's Daybook