Thursday, September 10, 2015

Whew

Summer and all the traveling that went with it are behind me.  From Boston . . .
Trevor's graduation from Harvard with many family and friends.
. . . to California . . .
Annual Templeton Family Reunion
. . . and a few stops along the way for some state parks and a great trip to Georgia.  10,000 miles of driving (literally, actually, truly), but things are settling down now.  And fall weather is right around the corner.  The Beauty Berry is in full bloom.  Always a good sign.


H3 Berry Basket
And the trees don't lie.  The reds are beginning to pop up in the backyard.


M1 Dogwood Days
And with fall comes the urge to get back into my sewing room and work.  Of course that means dodging my Inhibitors.  They love to beg for my attention when I'm sewing.


M2 Duff's Bluff
I have been making really good progress this week.  A few more blocks done,  more border pieces cut, and several applique blocks prepped and ready.


I10 Iris's Medallion 
I did take down the larger 8 rows that are complete so I could start to see what the border would look like.


If I could just stay focused long enough to get this puppy done!  I can't believe I've been working on it since January 15, 2012.  I shouldn't be too hard on myself though.  I've completed 8 rows, 159 - 4 1/2 inch blocks using 3398 pieces of fabric and only have 10 more blocks to go.  There.  Now I feel better.

If you want to see how all the blocks look together click here.