Thursday, September 3, 2015

City Girl Gets it Done!

I have become someone who does not enjoy the middle anymore.  Having spent most of my life living in suburbia, I have decided it's not my thing.  I am a City Girl and I am a Country Girl.  Right now the City Girl part of me is enjoying a new range at the condo. The old one was a scratch-n-dent purchase we believe made by the previous owner and it was horrible.

All the burners were crocked and the top was bent in so the oven door struggled to open.
But yesterday my new range arrived and I couldn't wait to install it.

Installation was $199 so I did it myself, of course.
It wasn't as easy as un-box and plug it in, but it was close.

Hmmm.  I didn't expect this, but still not worth $199.
I put in a call to my brother to confirm my electrical hooks up were correct (possible electrocution was not an option for me and the red and black wires were not labeled).

Two down and one to go.
After securing the strain relief clamp it was good to go.


And though I have no pictures, I will say that the first meal prepared on my new range was bacon and eggs over easy for Breck's breakfast this morning.  A treat, mind you, not a habit.


Obviously, we still have a long way to go to finish the kitchen.  But at least now we have the refrigerator, dishwasher, and range we want.  All that is left is a microwave, cabinets, counters, and back splash.  Oh, and a new light for the ceiling.  I know it doesn't seem like it, but we have come a long way.


New fuse box to bring it to code and a new refrigerator that is counter depth.
The new sink will be much smaller to allow for more counter space and the new dishwasher is awesome.
With no soffit, the new cabinets can go much higher.
It's a work in progress.