Thursday, March 19, 2015

A Slow Decline Quickly

I take a lot of photos.  A lot.  Most have purpose, but sometimes I just shoot a picture of something random that makes me happy.  Yesterday while I was out taking pictures of my bluebonnets, I saw this and had to get a picture because it was one of the strangest mushrooms I have seen.


If you have followed me for any length of time you know I love taking pictures of mushrooms.  Blog post Shroooooms! as just one example.  But here's the strange part.  This morning I took out the garbage and noticed that things had changed over night with my mushroom.


Not only had it opened, but it was dripping thick black . . .  stuff.


It looked like oil.


The story doesn't end here.  A few hours later I made another trip to the curb to bring my garbage can back in and found another change had occurred. Of course I had to grab my camera again.


Shrinking, rotting, lovely.


And now, at the end of the day, as I walk past one last time on my way to the neighbor's for dinner, not much remains.  In a mere 30 hours it is finished.


Imagine, I would have missed all this amazing nature if my bluebonnets had not been blooming.


And my dogwood!  So nice to see it recovering after the years of drought and no blooms.



One last spring happy . . . my trumpet vine.  And a little visitor if you look closely.


Love this time of year.