Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Who Doesn't Love a Great Bed & Breakfast?

We had such a wonderful trip over Thanksgiving; so many wonderful adventures and memories.


Usually when we travel from point A to point B we stay in hotels, but if we are putting down roots for more than a night I prefer a cozy bed & breakfast.


On this trip we stayed at The Carriage House in Jefferson.


Jessi and her husband BW were wonderful hosts.


Such a beautiful house with all the Christmas decorations, little touches everywhere.


We stayed in one of the cottage rooms and wouldn't you know it, there was a handmade quilt on the bed.


The label read it was made by a woman in McKinney, Texas which is one town over from where Breck and I bought our first home.  An interesting connection on our anniversary weekend.


Every morning there was a fire burning in the fire pit and warm blankets on the porch.


Early one morning I sat on the porch reading my book while everyone still slept and watched the sun rise over the town and listened to the squirrels play chase in the limbs of the Pecan trees on the property.


I love my quiet mornings.


I know I have not mentioned the "breakfast" part of B & B yet.  


Each morning's meal was more than enough to fill us both and oh so tasty.  Loved the fruit rice pudding and the roasted breakfast potatoes and brussels sprouts.  Yes, brussels sprouts for breakfast. Why didn't I think of that?


It was a wonderful place to come to every night after a long day of hiking and fun.


May just need to make this a new Thanksgiving tradition.