Thursday, December 18, 2014

Number 52: Martin Creek Lake State Park

I took a little break from my state park updates, but we visited Martin Creek Lake State Park over Thanksgiving and it is almost Christmas.  Time to slip in another post.

 .
Whenever we go to a park we try to find something that makes it unique.  For one park it was just a series of photos of mushrooms (Fort Boggy State Park).  But this park had something a little different.


An island hike.  We found this at one other park, Martin Dies Jr. State Park, and we really enjoyed it.




When we spotted deer tracks I wondered if they actually crossed the bridge or sheltered and fed on the island.



We hit this park late in the day so the light was amazing.



And for an island, it had some pretty nice trails.


And a lot of trees.


Aside from the two ducks just off shore we also happened upon a very shy bunny.


This was one of my favorite photos of the day, month, and year.  The shadow on the tree trunk of a leaf suspended in air makes me happy.


Just goes to show you that you never know what you will see on a hike.  Like a beautiful sunset.


But the best part was having someone like my husband to share it with.