Friday, December 12, 2014

Number 51: Daingerfield State Park

Fifty-one!  Can you believe it?  We have had so much fun making these trips.  This one was Daingerfield State Park way up in North East Texas and not a disappointment.


We hiked the 2 1/2 mile trail around the lake.  It was wide and clear and we had it all to ourselves.


We started in the morning in brisk air with a good breeze that scattered the leaves from the trees.  If you know my husband you know he had to make a game of catching them as they fell.


The trail made a full loop around the lake and it was beautiful.


So were the trees.  Had enough fall yet?  I can't get enough.


But back to the lake.  So beautiful.  I wish we had brought our kayaks on this trip since every one of the 6 parks we visited had a lake.  This one was the most picturesque with small coves around its edge.


Yep.  That's my husband the thrill seeker and game maker.   Love that smile.


There were few exposed roots and rocks so I didn't need to watch my feet the entire way like I did at some of the other pine forest parks.


Oh that lake!  Next time the kayaks for sure.


The campsites around the lake were perfect too.  Right off the water's edge, great for having a paddle boat to drop in right by your tent or RV.


I wish I was more of a wordsmith.  I feel like I am using the same adjectives over and over when describing these parks.  There are just not enough words.



Could it really be any more amazing at any other time of the year?