Monday, December 15, 2014

It's Not A Party Without The Cookies

Today is the annual Cookie Exchange Party at my house.  I look forward to it every year.


The day before the party is always busy.  This year I never even got out of my pajamas having started the cleaning and prepping first thing in the morning and never stopping.


Now I have a clean house and the food is ready to be served when my friends arrive this afternoon.


The cookie I chose to make this year is an Orange Cranberry Cookie.


The texture is everything I love in a cookie; slightly chewy on the inside and a little bit of crunch from the orange sugar on the outside.


Orange sugar.  I am going to have to try this with a muffin for Christmas.  The fresh orange zest mixed with white sugar is so fragrant and naturally orange in color.


Oh, maybe as a sugar rim on a pretty martini glass with a cranberry cocktail!  Yummy.


At any rate, it's perfect on a cookie.  All 6 dozen of them.


Recipe card and treats are done and the table is ready.  Can't wait to see all the home baked cookies this year.  This will be my 4th exchange to host here.  Each one has a funny story attached.  Will this year be any different?