Saturday, May 3, 2014

Color Makeover

There have a been a few home improvement projects going on around here.  Most of them have been outdoors, but we also tackled an indoor one that I have been itching to get to for a long time.  Though I love the paprika paint in the open dining room, it just made the office feel dark and small.


The cabinets that I had built just faded into the background.


After picking a new color (no small task), Breck and I gathered our supplies and prepared to lighten things up.


Coffee was not the only supply, but it was an essential one.


You know the steps to painting:  tape, patch, and prime.



Then paint coat 1 and 2.


I could not be happier with the way it turned out.


Lighter and brighter.


I think I will be painting this color just about everywhere.  Valspar Linen.  Looks green, gray, or beige depending on the light of day.  I love when a color does that.

Still need to invest in the furniture for the office, but that will come.