Saturday, January 4, 2014

Inch by Inch, and Block by Block

On January 15th, 2012 I started a quilt I thought (haha) would take me a year to make.  Silly me.  It's been a long road filled with lots of humility bumps along the way.  One year later, I still have a ways to go.  But I have made lots of progress, and learned a lot along the way.  Just to update you, this is what she, my Dear Jane quilt, looked like last week.


Two blocks later I was able to finish another row.

F10 Potholder
F11 On Target
That row meant I could add two more and now she looks like this.


No, I didn't finish in a year.  But I am making progress.


I know, it's hard to tell a difference, so here's a side-by-side.


You can also see my progress by going to My Dear Jane Experience or clicking HERE.  Oh, but I will be so glad when she is finished.  I am ready to stop learning something new with each block, take off my training wheels, and start using all these new skills.