Tuesday, December 31, 2013

We Did All That?

As I sit here taking some time to organize a list of things I would like to accomplish around the house in 2014, I am reminded of all the things that made 2013 so special to me.


There were trips to 32 Texas State Parks, each so different from the other.  Here is a list of my top 5.


I made a lot of meals I am proud of and stepped out of my box and tried some new things.


I canned and canned and canned to my hearts content:  jellies, jams, jalapenos, pico, and pears.


There were quiet walks with my husband around our home in the country.


We made several upgrades to the home as well, including, but not limited to, these:

I created a vegetable garden and learned a lot.  I planted so many things in the summer and fall.
  • onions and garlic
  • carrots and celery
  • tomatoes and jalapeno
  • gourds and cucumbers
  • broccoli and pole beans
  • zucchini and squash
  • lettuce and basil

It is so nice to go back and see all that we did over the past year. I have been a little hard on myself of late not realizing how much we HAVE done.  Sometimes it's easy to forget how much we accomplished, and we did accomplish a lot.  We added to our home, spent quality time with our family, and made lots of memories. Now bring on 2014!