Monday, December 16, 2013

Cookie Exchange 2013!

This was our 3rd annual Christmas Cookie Exchange Party night.  It really is one of my favorite get-togethers of the year.  We played Pictionary with Christmas songs like Deck the Halls with Boughs of Holly and Grandma Got Run over by a Reindeer, and had an ornament exchange which has become a really fun tradition.  And of course there was food.

Cherry tomatoes stuffed with pesto marinaded mozzarella with fresh basil
Bacon Wrapped Chicken,, which has become a real staple at all the parties.
A newcomer this year; BLT dip.  This might be my favorite of the night.
Savory Sausage and Fennel Galette.  Oh my, I've made this twice now and am always asked for the recipe.
I did take a shortcut on this one and used a premade pie crust.  I know you are surprised, but I needed to
simplify a few things this year.
Amaretto Soaked Cherries in Chocolate, and Cheesecake Jars.
Cheesecake Jars
Crumble 1/2 of a graham cracker in the bottom of a 4 ounce mason jelly jar.  Fill to 3/4 with No-Bake cheesecake mix.  Place one can of chocolate frosting in the microwave for 30 seconds; stir and microwave for 15 more seconds if needed to make a slightly pourable consistency.  Pour over cheese cake mix to fill. Sprinkle with ground graham cracker crumbs and mini chocolate chips if desired.

Of course, there were also a lot of cookies.  6 dozen of each.  So many choices.


We each took samples and loaded up our trays.


Now I have some homemade cookies to put out for my family on Christmas.


And maybe a few to share with the neighbors.


Did I mention this is one of my favorite gatherings of the year?


My cookie was a Double Almond Sugar Cookie.


Yum.  Until next year . . .