There were trips to 32 Texas State Parks, each so different from the other. Here is a list of my top 5.
- Lake Mineral Wells State Park - such a large park with so much to offer
- Dinosaur Valley State Park - walking in the footprints of dinosaurs was an amazing experience
- Caprock Canyon State Park - all the beauty of red rock canyons with out all the people of Palo Duro
- Guadelupe River State Park - I took some of my favorite photographs at this park
- Cleburne State Park - had it all: dry creek beds, rocky hills, lake trails, and woods
I made a lot of meals I am proud of and stepped out of my box and tried some new things.
I canned and canned and canned to my hearts content: jellies, jams, jalapenos, pico, and pears.
There were quiet walks with my husband around our home in the country.
We made several upgrades to the home as well, including, but not limited to, these:
- New furniture and a rug for the living room (Pulling the Living Room Together)
- New furniture for the back patio (A Much Needed Upgrade)
- The half bath got a new theme and paint job (Owl Inspired Bathroom)
- State Park Map and Photo Gallery Started (State Park Photo Gallery Wall)
- A new deck with a fire pit for evening entertaining
I created a vegetable garden and learned a lot. I planted so many things in the summer and fall.
- onions and garlic
- carrots and celery
- tomatoes and jalapeno
- gourds and cucumbers
- broccoli and pole beans
- zucchini and squash
- lettuce and basil
It is so nice to go back and see all that we did over the past year. I have been a little hard on myself of late not realizing how much we HAVE done. Sometimes it's easy to forget how much we accomplished, and we did accomplish a lot. We added to our home, spent quality time with our family, and made lots of memories. Now bring on 2014!