Saturday, November 9, 2013

The Buck Stops Here

This morning the Inhibitors were out on the porch taking in the sights and sounds of the morning and a young buck roamed up and was investigating their presence through the screen.  Kracken wasn't so sure about the big guy and retreated back into the house, but Rudy showed no fear.  I grabbed my camera and took a few shots out the guest bedroom window while he scrounged for acorns on the ground.


I usually wander with a bucket collecting the acorns and pile them at the back of the property for the deer, but now that I know they will come all the way in for them I may cease my efforts.  I have seen more deer this year than ever before in our neighborhood.  Maybe they know it's hunting season and they are safe here.  Or it could be the river went 2 miles wide and flooded the valley and they have been forced up to us for dry land and food.