Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Another Jam For The Shelf

My day started earlier than normal.  This morning at 5am I woke to the sounds of trucks, horns, back up warnings, and men whistling.  When I looked outside I saw this.


That is what it looks like when a builder is pouring a slab for a new house.  They always get an early start.  The spotlight, though, was crazy!  It lit up the whole neighborhood.  But that's not what I really want to tell you about.  Last night I made another jam.  This time it was Carrot Cake Jam.


Oh. My. Goodness.  It was fabulous.  I took a jar to work to test out on the guinea pigs coworkers.  We spread it on whole wheat bagels with cream cheese.


It really did give off a carrot cake flavor with the raisins, pineapple, carrots, and walnuts.


Yep.  One more yummy for Christmas gift list.  The coworkers agree.