Saturday, October 5, 2013

October Morning

Today . . .  I'm showered and clean after doing a little early yard work

Outside my window . . . my husband is still circling with the tractor to get the last of the grass mowed down.

I am thinking . . . about what I want to cook this weekend to restock my freezer.

In the kitchen . . . there is a big pot waiting at the ready for some good, thick chili as a cold front is about to move into the area and give us a few chili (pun intended) nights.

I am wearing . . . interestingly the same thing I was when a set and penned last months entry.

I am creating . . .  a grocery list of goodies for cookies, kolaches, and soups.

I am going . . . to town soon to knock out some chores.

I am wondering . . .if the animals know that things are about to change.

I am reading . . . The Winds of Change by Martha Grimes.

I am hoping . . . that the grocery store isn't too busy so I can get in and out pretty quickly.

I am looking forward to . . . the cold front.  Can you tell that everything right now is revolving around cooking and the promise of cooler weather?

I am learning . . . some new recipes that use Brussels sprouts.  The latest is a shredded Brussels sprout salad with shredded chicken and a citrus dressing.

Around the house . . . the fall decorations are up making everything feel cozy.

I am pondering . . . if I should grab some apples at the store to can some apple sauce.  I love the smell of homemade applesauce with cinnamon.

A favorite quote for today . . . "Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting."

One of my favorite things . . . right now it's my big pot and my canning jars and lids.  I just want to can jelly, jam, pickles, applesauce, anything I can get my hands on.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . harvesting my basil to make pesto.

A peek into my day . . . knocking out a few more chores with the husband and relaxing evening with the DVR and some homemade jalapeno jelly I made this week, with cream cheese and crackers.

I am sharing this post on . . .