Monday, October 21, 2013

Number 32: Buescher State Park

After hiking around Bastrop State Park on Sunday, we made the 12 mile drive on Park Road 1C to Buescher State Park.  


I was driving, so I don't have any pictures of the scene, but I will tell you that there is a definite line you can see where the fire of 2011 came through. It is just as evident in the parks themselves.  Where Bastrop was bare, Buescher was lush.


Perfect for trying out my new wide angle lens.  Just look at how much will fit in the view.


Such a pretty park.


There were wildflowers here as well, but not as many as in the open fields of Bastrop.


The trail was green with long fall shadows and plenty to appreciate.







In the late afternoon light we saw things we may have missed at other times of day; this spider web, for example.


And I always love getting shots of mushrooms.


And I didn't know that Turk's Cap was a wildflower in Texas, but it was in bloom all along the trail.


So much contrast between two parks so close to each other.