Thursday, October 10, 2013

Busy, Busy, Busy.

This has been such a busy week!  It doesn't seem that I have spared any time for doing nothing.

Monday - went to work and came home to make a pot of chili and bake some beer bread for the freezer
Tuesday - went to work and drove to Houston to have dinner (3 hours of driving)
Wednesday - went to work and then to a local winery to have paired cupcakes and wine with some of my coworkers (double chocolate cupcake with an orange flavored white)
Thursday(tonight) - work, then babysitting my friends' baby boy Jhett who is just a couple months old so mom and dad can go out and celebrate their anniversary.

My poor garden has received NO attention in a week!  I have things to do out there!  My gourds are probably ready to pick,  I'm sure there are more cucumbers and jalapenos to harvest, and I am just plain curious about my lettuce, broccoli, carrots, onions, and tomatoes.  For all I know, the rabbits have dug their way in and wiped everything out.

In the backyard, though, it's not the rabbits that have been making an appearance.  It's squirrels.  I watched this little guy this weekend furiously trying to eat through a rope tied to a tree in the yard.


He's making good progress.  I wonder if he wants to use it for nest material?


Or maybe it just annoys him.