Sunday, September 22, 2013

First Day of Fall Decorations

Not bad for the first day of fall.  The windows are open.  The air is dry.  The sky is that shade of blue you only get when there is no humidity.  64 degrees.   Pretty awesome.  A great day to get my house in the mood.  I'll start with the guest room since that is what I have the most stuff for.



I made this pillow last year and I still love it.  I need to remember how much I love embroidery.


These fall pictures from our trip to Maine need to be replaced with some taken around here.



For a better look at my Halloween quilt you can go to Quilts I Made and see number 6.


A few touches in the dinning room.



These little salt and pepper shakers are one of my favorite things for fall.  I have one set for each end of the table.


And the kitchen.



I got 6 of these fall hand painted plates years ago for about $4 each.  I love the acorns and leaves and the fact that each one is different.


My gourds are getting closer to being ready to cut and bring in the house, but just aren't there yet.  When they are, I am sure I will find a place for them.