Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Christmas Calalogs Already!

As you may recall, I committed to a handmade Christmas this year.  Unfortunately, I have needed to modify that a little and I will do what I can.  However, that does not mean that I want every retail company on the planet sending me their catalogs.  They are pretty to look at and have some great ideas for gifts, but they are so wasteful.  I have found a great website, though, to solve my issue.  It's called Catalog Choice and it's free! You all know how cheap I am.  Anyway, you just set up an account and type in the information from the mailing labels of the catalogs you are receiving.  So you can keep the Pottery Barn coming, but cancel the Brookstone and Figi's if you like.  I have been doing this for a couple months now and can tell you there is no catch and it really works.  You can even cancel any phone book deliveries!  How many of you send your yellow pages straight to the recycling bin?  Oh my!  I sound like a commercial.  Really, I just hate waste.

All you need is the information on the mailing label on the back of your magazine to fill out the request.


And if you like statistics, you can see the environmental impact of the cancellations you make.  I have cancelled my phone book and 4 catalogs.


So you may like your catalogs, that's fine, but if you have any that you don't want to receive you may want to give this a try.  It really is easy.