Sunday, September 8, 2013

A Morning Walk-About

Breck and I took a walk around the property this morning to see how everything is looking after the much needed rain yesterday.  The leaves are clean and green and the tender Beauty Berry is no longer wilted. Heading down one of our trails (the mosquitoes were awful) we spotted this little guy just hanging out.

Texas Spiny Lizard
This was taken with an iPhone so it's not as clear as my big girl camera would have been, but I was pretty sure he wasn't going to wait for me to run into the house to grab it.  He was about 6" long, but can get up to 11" at maturity.  Very cool.  I am continually amazed that I am still identifying new creatures on the property after almost 3 years of living here (like the Bob White Quail a few weeks back and the monster bug in the garden).  Always an adventure.