Sunday, September 15, 2013

A Little Progress Made

Sometimes inspiration comes slowly, and sometimes you just have to force it along.  My living room has been such a trial for me.  Back in February (yes, 7 months ago!) we bought new furniture and 6 months ago we bought a rug.  


The only progress I have made since then involved taking off the tags.


It's not that I haven't wanted to accessorize, I just have not found the one thing that would spur my creativity . . . until this weekend.


After breaking down my goal from the entire living room to just one table, and after eliciting a willing husband's help (thanks, Hon), we found a few things that make me happy.


Breck found the lamp and it's perfect.  Nice and heavy so Kracken can't knock it over and I love the glass.  He also found this great bleached branch.  I knew we needed one more piece to make an odd number and pottery seemed like a good choice in texture.  Another owl isn't a bad thing, right?


This runner in blues, grays, and tans is a nice base for all our goodies keeping everything from "floating" on the table.  This is just a start, I know.  There is a long way to go, but at least we have finally begun.


As an additional treat while taking picture of the lamp, I spotted this in the background.  Can you see it?  Past the mosquito spray on the porch table.


How about now?


I wonder if this is the same white tailed deer we saw in the yard back in July.


She grazed on grass and Beauty Berry for about an hour before she slipped from my sight.  Could I ever leave this house and all this natural beauty?