Friday, August 2, 2013

My 8:27am

Today 8:27am in my TV room

Outside my window . . . it is very humid.  I strolled through the garden, took my grandoggie for a walk and retreated back inside for dryer air.  I think I wore him out.


I am thinking . . . about what I need to do this morning to prepare for company that comes tomorrow.

I am thankful . . . for the time I will have tonight with family.

In the kitchen . . . I need to clean up the potting soil and seeds I used to get my onions and broccoli ready so I can get some baking done for the weekend.

I am wearing . . . a Texas A&M t-shirt and Capris with no shoes or socks.

I am creating . . .  a menu for the friends and family that will be here tomorrow.  I'm thinking I will open a jar of the pickles I put up earlier this summer.


I am going . . . to Houston this afternoon to have dinner with my husband, both sons, parents, brother, and sister-in-law.  My oldest has been in town this summer with an internship, but will return to his wife in Boston on Sunday.  This will be our last get together.

I am wondering . . . if I will need to start laundry before I get into the kitchen to bake.  The answer is probably yes.

I am reading . . .  Tripwire by Lee Child.  Yes, still.  I have not made as much time for reading (or sewing) as I would like.

I am hoping . . . that my surviving plants in the garden (Cucumber Mosaic Virus wreaked havoc this week) will produce a few more yummies before their time is finished.


I am looking forward to . . . dinner with family tonight, dinner with friends tomorrow, and a restful Sunday.

I am learning . . . that sometimes there just isn't anything you can do to make things different from what they are, and that is okay.

Around the house . . . my floors are covered in grandoggie paw prints.  He loves chasing birds around the property and stirring up rabbits, lizards, and anything that moves, then coming in with a little outdoors on his feet.  No worry.  I can mop later.

I am pondering . . . what I can prep now to make things go together quickly on Saturday in the kitchen.

A favorite quote for today . . ." God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; 
courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference."

One of my favorite things . . .  spending time with my sons and seeing how they have changed, but also remembering how things were.


A few plans for the rest of the week . . . as time gets shorter before I need to return to work, I need to get my house in order, my freezer full, and clean out my closet and drawers.

A peek into my day . . .  a little kitchen time, a little laundry time, a little driving time to Houston, and little family time this evening.  It will be a full day.

I am sharing this post on . . .