Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Back to School

You might have noticed that there have been no fresh posts lately.  I feel bad about that.  Taking pictures and writing makes me happy, but there just hasn't been time.  I read things like this from other bloggers I follow, so I know I am not alone.  Honestly, it doesn't make me feel any better.

I was so lucky these last few weeks to have my son and grandoggie here before college gets back for the fall semester.  It is the longest amount of time I have spent with him since he left for college.  And his puppy is a joy.  The truth of the matter is that we didn't do a whole lot, just hung around the house for the most part.

Pockets
It was his birthday (my son's, not Pockets') this past weekend so we had a nice dinner out at one of our favorite restaurants in town, picked up a nice suit with all the trimmings for interviewing, shopped for furniture  and helped him get all moved into his new apartment.  I really enjoyed that too.  Do you know what an apartment looks like at IKEA?  That's it, all tucked into the bed of a truck.


So much easier to move when it's all still in boxes.  That's a couch, coffee table, entertainment center, storage shelving, nightstand, 4 chairs and a kitchen table, folks.

On my "Do People Really Do That?" list is the former tenant at his place.  When he left he took all the light bulbs.  Have you ever heard of that before?  It wasn't even the high efficiency expensive ones.  Who does that?

I hope to get back in the swing of things soon and have more time to do the things I love and tell you all about it.  I have really enjoyed going back to work and reconnecting with my friends and coworkers, but that will all settle down soon.  Until then, I hope you are all well as you send yourselves or your kiddos back to school.