Friday, August 16, 2013

Another Yummy Summer Dessert

Something happens to a person when they start a blog.  It's inevitable.  You start to see everything around you as a possible post.  However, it is important to show some restraint.  In my case I rely heavily on my pictures to tell a story so I carry my camera with me a lot of the time.  There are just some places where that is not practical and others where it is just rude.


Last night I had dinner with a few of my neighbors and faced that dilemma.  I made a new dessert (Blueberry Almond Streusel Galette) that looked great (presentation is half the recipe) and it smelled great (almonds and blueberries, yum), but until dinner was over and we cut into it I wouldn't know if it tasted great.  To bring the camera or not?  I chose not.  That doesn't mean I haven't on occasion (Breakfast in the Great Outdoors and All About Me Day), but last night I just wanted some conversation and community.


As luck would have it, the dessert was really good.  So good, in fact, I may make it again this weekend so Breck can have some as well.  In the meantime, this is what was left after coming home.


This would be great with peaches as well.