Saturday, August 10, 2013

A Twist On A Favorite

As you know, I have been on a mission to fill my freezer with meals for Breck.  I am pretty sure I am about out of room and need to stop even though I am compelled to make more.  Pretty sure I have 2 months worth of meals in there now.


The last item I made before reaching that decision was kolaches.  I have two blog posts that have been popular on pintrest and one is my Sausage Kolache recipe (the other is an owl pattern).  Yesterday I used my kolache bread recipe, but mixed up the filling ingredients a bit.


I used a 9 ounce package of ham that I chopped and 1 cup of grated sharp cheddar tossed with 1 Tablespoon of flour. This made 10 kolaches just like the sausage version (see Sausage and Cheese Kolaches).


Yum.  I may like these even better than the sausage and cheese ones.  (I made a batch of those too)


I'm thinking a teaspoon of dry mustard mixed into the 1 Tablespoon of flour would be great.  I may try that next time, but I also love this recipe just the way it is.