- I had planned to take a bunch of pictures at IKEA when shopping to fill Breck's apartment. If you have never been to an IKEA you should go sometime. It is a completely overwhelming experience. I have no pictures from our shopping excursion, but we did get Breck's place furnished (except for the recliner which I regret not buying, but am now too frugal to go back for).
- I had planned to take pictures of all the furniture boxes (IKEA furniture is
SOMEALL assembly required) stacked up in his empty place, but I didn't have the patience to wait. Before all the boxes had been carted up to his place (thanks to some much appreciated help by Trevor, Cameron, and Michael), I had already begun the process. Towards the end, I did get a photo of Cameron and Michael helping to assemble the dinning room chairs.
- I had planned some before and after shots, and did get a couple, but then the upstairs neighbor had a water issue that ran down Breck's living room wall so I didn't get any pictures of this finished room. I did get a shot of the bedroom (nightstand, dresser, bed, and a reading lamp).
And the dinning room with table with 2 leaves, 4 chairs, dishes and flatware for four, place mats, coasters, and napkin holder.
Next time I'll get shots of the couch, coffee table, entertainment stand, TV, really cool lamp, and a large picture for over the couch.
- I thought I would have Dear Jane pictures for you, but I haven't finished the block I started yesterday. Applique takes awhile, and this block has a lot so I only have a work-in-progress shot.
- If it wasn't for the fact that I am afraid I have overdone my garden posts, I would have done more on the new flower garden seeds I planted.And more about the squash and gourds and leaf mulch.
- I was also going to do a post on my seed forcing, but Kracken kept eating the seedlings (broccoli, tomato, and cucumber). I now have new seeds in pots, but behind closed doors so he can't get to them.
So as you can see, it's just been one of those weeks where a lot was accomplished, but nothing came together for a post. Hopefully now that Breck is settled I can get into a new routine around here and back to being a little more consistent.