Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Just One Of Those Weeks

This is not a negative, down in the dumps, poor me posts like the title would imply.  Actually, things have been great.  I kept having ideas for posts that just never really came together.  For example:

  • I had planned to take a bunch of pictures at IKEA when shopping to fill Breck's apartment.  If you have never been to an IKEA you should go sometime.  It is a completely overwhelming experience. I have no pictures from our shopping excursion, but we did get Breck's place furnished (except for the recliner which I regret not buying, but am now too frugal to go back for).
  • I had planned to take pictures of all the furniture boxes (IKEA furniture is SOME ALL assembly required) stacked up in his empty place, but I didn't have the patience to wait.  Before all the boxes had been carted up to his place (thanks to some much appreciated help by Trevor, Cameron, and Michael), I had already begun the process.  Towards the end, I did get a photo of Cameron and Michael helping to assemble the dinning room chairs.

  • I had planned some before and after shots, and did get a couple, but then the upstairs neighbor had a water issue that ran down Breck's living room wall so I didn't get any pictures of this finished room.  I did get a shot of the bedroom (nightstand, dresser, bed, and a reading lamp).

 
And the dinning room  with table with 2 leaves, 4 chairs, dishes and flatware for four, place mats, coasters, and napkin holder.  



Next time I'll get shots of the couch, coffee table, entertainment stand, TV, really cool lamp, and a large picture for over the couch.

  • I thought I would have Dear Jane pictures for you, but I haven't finished the block I started yesterday.  Applique takes awhile, and this block has a lot so I only have a work-in-progress shot.
  • If it wasn't for the fact that I am afraid I have overdone my garden posts, I would have done more on the new flower garden seeds I planted.

    And more about the squash and gourds and leaf mulch.



  • I was also going to do a post on my seed forcing, but Kracken kept eating the seedlings (broccoli, tomato, and cucumber).  I now have new seeds in pots, but behind closed doors so he can't get to them.
     And boy does he want to get to them.  
    It's not cute.  It's not permanent.  But for now it will do.

So as you can see, it's just been one of those weeks where a lot was accomplished, but nothing came together for a post.  Hopefully now that Breck is settled I can get into a new routine around here and back to being a little more consistent.