Wednesday, July 10, 2013

July Morning Thoughts

Today 10:28am in my living room

Outside my window . . . the air is still with no breeze and the sky is a clear blue.  It's going to be a hot one.

I am thinking . . . how exciting it is to watch my vegetable garden grow.  Soon, if all goes well, I'll be looking up new recipes for squash.


I am thankful . . . that my husband is happy and healthy.  Two wonderful things.


In the kitchen . . . a loaf of white bread is rising, butter is coming to room temperature to bake cookies, and the dishwasher is empty.


I am wearing . . . a new pair of Capri's and a new shirt I bought.  I don't buy clothes often, but I was tired of my husband's T-shirts.

I am creating . . .  nothing right now.  I am enjoying the things I have already accomplished this summer with my garden and my home.

I am going . . . to enjoy my restful Wednesday.

I am wondering . . . if I need to add lime to my lemon tree.  I seem to have a one track garden mind these days.

I am reading . . .  Tripwire by Lee Child.  Book #3 in his Jack Reacher series.

I am hoping . . . that we can get some more much needed rain next week.  20% chance isn't much, but it's not zero.


I am looking forward to . . . having some time to sew this week.  I have been so busy with other things that my Dear Jane quilt is suffering neglect.

I am learning . . . all about organic gardening, soil composition, natural control of pests, and compost.

Around the house . . . I am enjoying the freshly mopped floors.  Clean floors always make me feel good.

I am pondering . . . what flowers to plant from seed for my fall cut flower garden.  It's about time to get the new bed in the garden so I can sow in August.

A favorite quote for today . . . "Gardening is a matter of your enthusiasm holding up until your back gets used to it."  unknown.  My enthusiasm is holding up just fine.

One of my favorite things . . . checking on my garden every morning while there are still shadows on the beds.  I love the way the plants look so refreshed after a night of relief from the sun and heat.


A few plans for the rest of the week . . . getting a list together of things my husband will need for his new apartment.  We have had a life changing event around here with him taking a new job and a new challenge in a new city.  He will become a weekend commuter in just a few weeks.

A peek into my day . . . lunch with a good friend and a relaxing evening with my guilty pleasure, the television.

I am sharing this post on . . .