Tuesday, July 16, 2013

He Has to Eat

My big cooking days are going to need to change a bit.  I usually focus on filling the freezer with meals for Breck and me to pull from during our busy week, but things are a little different now.  With Breck taking a new job (and an apartment) in another city during the week, my freezer meals will be for 1 . . .  him.  This way I know he will be eating well and staying out of the fast food restaurants.  Today I made several recipes for him to take with him this weekend.  Sorry, no pictures.  I was a work horse today.

For Breakfast on the go:
8 To Die For Blueberry Muffins
10 Banana Muffins with Streussel Topping
6  Egg, Bacon, and Cheese Sandwiches

Dinners to pop in the oven:
3 Chicken Spaghetti dinners
Baked Ziti
4 Pepperoni, Sausage, Green Pepper, and Mushroom Pizzas (need to get this recipe on What's Cooking)
3 Asian Meatballs (7 meatballs each) w/rice and snow peas
4 White Chicken Enchilada meals (3 enchiladas each)

And for his George Foreman Grill (I am a little jealous)
3 Sweet-Hot Marinated Chicken Thighs (3)
3 Delectable Marinated Chicken Thighs (3)
3 Lemon, Rosemary, and Balsamic Marinated Chicken Thighs (3)

And a little left over for my freezer:
2 Cups cooked and shredded chicken for salads or casseroles
16 extra Asian Meatballs for appetizers when we have company
1 Baked Ziti + 1 that will serve 2
1 Chicken Spaghetti for 2 that we are eating for dinner tonight

Now the freezer is full again.


But the apartment, not so much.  We have a long way to go to fill it.


It has a nice view, though.


And of course . . .