Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Summer Time Peaches

During the last week of school, our wonderful Speech Therapist, Trisha, brought our class a bag of Cooper Farms peaches.  Cooper Farms may sound familiar to you since I posted about buying a crate full 2 summers ago which I used to make several summer goodies (search key word "peaches" for recipes).

Peach Salsa, Amaretto Peach Preserves, Spiced Peach Jam, and Blueberry Peach Pie
Anyway, my coworkers and I nibbled on them throughout the week and I was lucky enough to bring home what we didn't eat.


Now it's time to do something with them before they go bad.  Two things came to mind:  muffins and cobbler.  I really didn't want to commit to a whole cobbler (it is just Breck and me), but I found an interesting recipe for Spiced Peach Oatmeal Muffins and decided to go with that.


It also meant I got to use more of the cute little muffin liners that my friend Janet gave me.  A-dor-a-ble.


They smelled amazing in the oven and even better out of it.


I did make two changed to the original recipe  I used dark corn syrup instead of molasses (it's what I had in the pantry without needing to make a special trip to town) and I added a teaspoon of almond extract.  Some ground almond sprinkled on top would have been nice too.  Delish.