Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Quinoa For Breakfast?

When I cooked up the quinoa to make a salad this weekend I found it made way more than I needed for the recipe.  Not a bad quandary.  I really like quinoa.  After a little time scanning the net for other uses, I found a recipe that would use not just my extra quinoa, but the blueberries I had as well.


The recipe says this makes 4 servings, but I like it as 8 better.  You'll notice there are only 7 here.  I had to test one for breakfast before posting the recipe, right?


A scrambled egg and slices of tomato and this is the perfect addition to breakfast.  Don't expect sweet (there is no added sugar in this).  Don't expect a bread consistency.  It's just great flavor and very filling.  I did drizzle 1/2 tsp of Agave Nectar (maple syrup or honey would be good too) on them, but it didn't really need it, in my opinion.


I'll flash freeze these, then bag them up so I can enjoy them warmed up in the microwave throughout the month.  The original recipe can be found at Blueberry Quinoa Scones.  I did add about a teaspoon of cinnamon to this.  And just in case you are interested (this is based on 4 servings not the 8 I prefer),


Yep, it's a winner.