Tuesday, June 18, 2013

I've Missed You!

I know I haven't been around the for last few days, but in my defense, it was Father's Day weekend.  We had 6 guests here (2 will be here through tomorrow), so I was a little distracted.  That doesn't mean I wasn't productive.  But first things first.


Aside from some target shooting in the woods (thanks, RT), there was a little bowling . . .


. . . and a lot of silliness.


Everyone had a different style.


Some balls were good.


And sometimes we were thankful there were two chances to knock the pins down.


 It wasn't all about the bowling.  There was a little multitasking going on with the U.S. Open on TV.


At this point you may be saying to yourself, "Okay, but that was the weekend.  What have you been doing since then?"  Let's just say I was not really "finished until August" when I saw THIS in the backyard.


It wasn't just one little bunny.


It was an outright infestation of cuteness.  Cute, but it meant I needed (repeat, NEEDED) to get a bunny fence around the garden before my seeds began to sprout.  I would hate to find all my labor wasted by a bunny brunch.  So here is where I am right now, with just a little more fence and a gate to go.


Oh, and I also planted my lemon tree with a neat little piece of 2 foot long PVC to get water to the roots.


I got the pipe in the plumbing section of Lowe's and drilled holes down the side to I can get water directly to the roots.


The drain top is for a shower, but I thought it would be good to keep the frogs and snakes out.  In the meantime, look what I found this morning!


My bush squash has already made an appearance after planting the seeds just 4 days ago.  I guess they like the dirt (insert happy face).