Sunday, April 28, 2013

Name That Tune

We had a wonderful houseful this weekend with lots of activity.  However, in a moment of calm while sitting at the kitchen table, we began to spy humming birds flying by the windows.  (Now does the title make sense?)  Today the guests have left, but I still had hummingbirds on the brain (Can you name the band?).  Of course this means I grabbed my camera and set out to find some birds.  I got lucky.


This shot really let me know what kind of hummingbird he (yes, he) was.


A Ruby-Throated Hummingbird.


I would be over the moon if I could find this guy's nest.


If I do . . . trust me . . . you'll know.  And by the way, in case you were not able to figure it out, the answer to Name That Tune is Hummingbird by Seals & Croft.

If you are a total geek like me, you may like the Hummingbird nest cam.  There is a commercial at the beginning  but fun to see.  The wings are so loud when they fly in and out of the nest.