Saturday, April 27, 2013

LIVE Cams Rock

I admit to being obsessed.  You may be able to identify with me here, or you may think I am just a little crazy.  I'm sure at one time or another you have come across something that you just couldn't tear your eyes away from.  Like television coverage of a toddler trapped in a well surrounded by 100's of workers, or a white Bronco driving around the city from a helicopters view (not to mention the ensuing trial).  Okay, so we are on the same page now.  I knew you would understand.

This week I was introduced to Cornell Lab Bird Cams which provide live feeds of nests.  The kindergartners at my school have been watching.  Some nests (Great Blue Heron and Osprey) have eggs, some have chicks (Red Tailed Hawk).  On Thursday we saw the hawk fly in with a snake to feed her young and on Thursday she brought various small birds.  It's now the weekend, no kinder kiddos around, and I still find myself checking in on the birds to see what's going on.  Interested?  Here are my favorites.


Watch live streaming video from ospreys at livestream.com


Watch live streaming video from cornellhawks at livestream.com