Saturday, April 20, 2013

Indian Paintbrush Of My Own

You know I love my wildflowers.  Hopefully I am not driving my neighbors crazy with our front yard.  Most of the wildflowers are now going to seed, but I can't mow until they do so I will have flowers again next year.  The bluebonnet seed pods are drying out and should open soon.


But look what else is going on in the front.  Our first and only Indian Paintbrush.  I have no idea how it got there (probably an animal brought it in), but I am so happy to see it.


May be next year it will multiply and I will then have a mix of not just yellow and blue, but some wonderful orange as well.


Last but not least, a follow up on the Monarch caterpillars in the kindergarten garden.  Remember this guy (The Kindergarten Garden)?


I went back the next morning before school and found this.


The kids are going to love watching these guys.

I lied.  One more thing.  I told you in my last post about how tiny the pieces were in a block I had just completed.


Here is my pattern piece to show you just how small those center star pieces are.


Crazy.