Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I Love My Cooking Days


I took a personal day from work today.  I didn't sew.  I didn't sleep late.  I cooked.  I have not done a big freezer stocking cooking in awhile and my freezer was empty.  Last night Breck accompanied me to the grocery store and I got everything I needed for a day in the kitchen.  I did cheat a little and put the chicken for the enchiladas and shredded chicken in the crock pot to cook over night so it would be ready first thing in the morning.


All I had to do this morning was put the chicken in my Kitchen Aid bowl with the hook attachment and I had the shredded chicken I needed for enchiladas.  Great tip here.  It shreds so easily and evenly.


I also strained the veggies (celery, onion, carrot) and the herbs (rosemary and thyme) and had 1 1/2 cups of flavorful chicken broth to use as well.

And that is all I have pictures of.  I got on a roll and never touched my camera again.  Some of these I have made before and can be found on my What's Cooking Page, but I also gave a few new recipes a try.

Breakfast
  • 6 Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Sandwiches
  • 16 Bacon, Green Onion, and Cheddar Biscuits
  • 6 Yogurt Oatmeal Breakfast Jars
Lunch


Dinner


After we begin eating some of these dishes  I will write my reviews . . . and take pictures.