I took a personal day from work today. I didn't sew. I didn't sleep late. I cooked. I have not done a big freezer stocking cooking in awhile and my freezer was empty. Last night Breck accompanied me to the grocery store and I got everything I needed for a day in the kitchen. I did cheat a little and put the chicken for the enchiladas and shredded chicken in the crock pot to cook over night so it would be ready first thing in the morning.
All I had to do this morning was put the chicken in my Kitchen Aid bowl with the hook attachment and I had the shredded chicken I needed for enchiladas. Great tip here. It shreds so easily and evenly.
I also strained the veggies (celery, onion, carrot) and the herbs (rosemary and thyme) and had 1 1/2 cups of flavorful chicken broth to use as well.
And that is all I have pictures of. I got on a roll and never touched my camera again. Some of these I have made before and can be found on my What's Cooking Page, but I also gave a few new recipes a try.
- 6 Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Sandwiches
- 16 Bacon, Green Onion, and Cheddar Biscuits
- 6 Yogurt Oatmeal Breakfast Jars
- 2 Baked Ravioli Dinners
- 2 White Chicken Enchilada Dinners
- 1 Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- 1 Spaghetti Sauce
- 2 Balsamic Honey Pulled Pork Roasts (shredded on buns for sandwiches with sauce)
- 2 Cups Shredded Chicken (for chicken salad or a casserole)
- 2 Creamy Thyme Chicken Dinners (crock pot)
After we begin eating some of these dishes I will write my reviews . . . and take pictures.