Monday, March 11, 2013

Creating a Blog Button To Share

What is a blog button?  Its a cute little representation of you.  I have wanted to learn how to make one for some time now since I saw them popping up on blogs and websites everywhere.  Finally I found this great tutorial on how to make them eHow (How to Add a Blog Button with Text Box Underneath for Code).

Using PicMonkey (love this program), I used a photo I had taken of my favorite quilt on a rocker.  Not a great photo, it was taken before my big girl camera came into my life, but that is okay.  My button is very small and the blur won't be noticed.


Using one of the PicMonkey frames, I turned this photo (after cropping to a square) into a Polaroid picture.


I added my blog title, saved to a size that was reasonable (and suggested at eHow), and now I have a button that others who might follow or want to suggest my blog can grab using the HTML code.   See it on my sidebar?  Just copy the code and paste into an HTML gadget, or into a blog post (not in compose, but HTML).  Cool, huh?

You can see more on how to use PicMonkey (love, love, love this), at my post Carved Lover's Tree.  But I'm guessing you will be able to figure it out.  It's very user friendly.

I have company coming in a few hours and lots of good food to share with you tomorrow.  First, I should sweep and mop the floor to remove any evidence of my Julia Child tendency to make a mess.