Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Waiting for Meds, Boxes, and Valentine's Day

Woke up with allergies yesterday.  I won't bore you with the list of symptoms.  Suffice it to say I ended up staying home waiting for the meds to kick in.  At one point I looked out the back window and saw the feeder was covered in Cardinals.  I got my binoculars to take a better look and saw these guys on the ground.


Terrible photo taken through my kitchen window, at an angle, and enlarged and cropped, but you do what ya gotta do.  What's the point?  Why did I bother to put such a poor quality photo on my blog?  I had just done a post about our two types of squirrels and said they eat at separate feeders.  I was wrong.  The smaller guy on the left is a Gray Squirrel and the larger on the right is a Fox Squirrel and they are eating together in the back yard.  Okay.  Enough about my squirrels.

I am excited about another box that should arrive today.  I have been wanting to get into some felt crafting, but the stores around here don't carry a good selection of quality felt.  I ordered a bundle of 108 different colors and can hardly wait to see it.  I'll need to find a good place to store it where Kracken can't get to it.  He seems to think felt belongs in his water bowl.  To be fair, he also thinks pipe cleaners, paint brushes, and small plastic wrappers belong there as well.  I think he considers them "gifts."

Two more days until Valentine's Day!


Do you have any plans?