Monday, February 4, 2013

Ladybug Bookmark Valentine Cards

I know it has been a long time coming, but I am finished with my ladybugs!  It seems like I have been working on these little guys forever even though they went together rather quickly.  Ready to find out what they are all about?


They are bookmarks!  Cute, huh?  I thought they would be nice little Valentines for my coworkers.  Shhhh.  Don't tell them.  It's supposed to be a surprise (Andrea).  Once they were made, I used Microsoft Word to find a book clip art that would be good for teachers, and used PicMonkey (more about this software in the days to come) to add the wording to the chalkboard and printed onto card stock.


Then I cut the cards (4 to a sheet) into 4 x 5 1/2" cards, signed my name, and cut two slits with my rotary cutter to slip the paper clips into.


I am so happy with the way they turned out.



After adding a Happy Valentine's Day wish, I stacked the cards into a basket so they would be ready to take to school on the 14th.


I know it's still 10 days away, but now I don't need to worry about not having them done in time and I can focus on some other things I have going on.


If you like the cards and would like to use them for a project of your own, you can download the Your Tops Template here.


If you use this for Valentines or make bookmarks of your own I would love to hear about it.

You may also like:
My Little Ladybugs                        Ladybug Progress