Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A New Tradition: 14 Days of Valentines

Have you ever come across that great idea that you really wanted to try, but you ran out of time? That tradition you would really like to start , but didn't?   You tell yourself you will remember to do it the next year, but you forget?  I have a long list of  "Wannas" that I never got to.  This year, however, I know there is one that I have been able to follow through on.


I grabbed a stack of 14 red and pink fabrics from my 30's stash and made 14 little heart pillows from a simple heart template.  I stuffed them and top stitched them and have a very special purpose for each one.


For each of the 14 Days of Valentines (puts the 12 days of Christmas to shame, doesn't it?), I will tuck a heart someplace where I know Breck will find them.  On top of his cell phone was perfect.


I must say, they were fun to make and even more fun to stash each morning before I leave for work in places I know he will find them.


Pretty sure Breck is enjoying it as well.  He is collecting them in a glass vase on his dresser.  This will be a tradition for years to come now that I have the hearts made.


And the best part of our 14 Days of Valentines?  My wonderful husband starts everyday knowing I was thinking about him when I started mine.