Monday, January 7, 2013

One Lonely Sweet Potato Later

Have you noticed the new sidebar item on the blog?  It's called This Week's Popular Posts.  I have enjoyed looking to see what you guys are interested in.  It helps me with ideas for future posts.

I know.  Short post.  But honestly, I spent 6 hours taking an online Defensive Driving course last night and didn't have time to do anything then, and tonight I'm watching Notre Dame and Alabama.  Sorry.  New real post hopefully tomorrow.

I did make a nice dinner tonight with a sweet potato I found hiding in my pantry from Thanksgiving, an apple tucked in the back of my refrigerator's produce drawer, and an onion I picked up at the grocery tonight.


These were diced up with a handful of dried cranberries, 2 Tablespoons of brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, and 1/2 teaspoon of my Applewood Smoked Sea Salt, drizzled with 1/8 of a cup of chicken broth, and put into the oven to bake with a foil cover.


After 30 minutes I threw on some pork chops, sprinkled with a bit more fabulous salt, and cooked for 30 more minutes.


 Not bad.


I should have baked the veggies for 40 minutes, THEN added the pork and cooked for 20 minutes.  They were a little tough for my taste.  But the veggies were wonderful.  The leftovers are going to be my lunch tomorrow.
,