Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy 2013!

Happy New Year, everyone!  I hope you all had a joyous and safe celebration last night.  We went out for an early dinner, then celebrated in with a game of Mexican Train Dominoes and champagne.


During the day I got in a little sewing for the first time in months.  Literally.  Months.  Hopefully now that the holiday rush around is behind me I will find more time to work on my Dear Jane.  I completed one block yesterday,  E7 Bread Basket.

I also made some egg rolls, but only 6.  That meant I had lots of wrappers left over.  I dug around the pantry and found some chocolate and marshmallows, so I experimented with a Smores Egg Roll.


Oh yeah!  Melty goodness.  Melty is a word.  I promise.  I don't care what spell checker says.  Word.


I only made one as a test.  Next time I'll use chocolate chips and marshmallow fluff.  That way I don't end up with a flat bottom, and the fluff and chocolate stick together to make them easy to fill.  I may sprinkle with raw sugar when they first come out of the oil to add a little pretty to the crust.  I'm excited about this, actually.

One more time, Happy New Year!