Thursday, January 24, 2013

Egg Sandwich Endorsement

I love cooking in bulk.  One day in the kitchen can yield a month of quick breakfasts on the go, lunches that require no work, and dinners on nights I'm too wiped out to cook.  However, when using new recipes it can be a bit hit or miss.  I have been very lucky and liked almost everything I have made.  Several of the recipes have even made it into the regular rotation and can be found on my What's Cooking list.  This past Monday I  did my big cooking day and so far have tried two of the items.  One was the Cornbread Cake which was fabulous, and today I brought an Egg Sandwich to work.  It also exceeded all my expectations.  I have had egg sandwiches from the frozen food section of the grocery and had an expectation of similar flavor and texture.  Wow.  So much better.  So one more recipe goes on my list of "will make again."


I made 6 sandwiches and they went together in very little time.  While the bacon was cooking (6 slices), I toasted 6 English Muffins, and cooked the eggs.  For the eggs I poured 1/4 cup of Egg Beaters (you could use regular eggs if you prefer) into a small, LIGHTLY greased ramekin.  Cook the eggs for 1 minute in the microwave and sprinkle with salt and pepper if you would like.  Scoop the egg onto a plate and repeat 5 more times.  By the time the bacon was ready, I had rotated the ramekin through 6 times.  On each muffin I place one egg, one slice of bacon broken in half, and one slice of Swiss cheese.  Then I wrapped them in clear plastic wrap and stowed them in a gallon freezer bag.  Out of the freezer I would cook for 1 minute, but mine was thawed by the time I got to work, so I only went 30 seconds.

My husband is going to love these!

You might also like:
   Now To Put My Feet Up             Yes.  More Cooking