Monday, January 21, 2013

9 New Recipes For the Freezer

I was lucky to have off today for the MLK holiday and wanted to take full advantage.  I had not done much cooking to fill my freezer lately and thought a day in the kitchen sounded like fun.  First I had to brave the dense fog, that once again covered our part of the state, to pick up groceries.  Visibility = 1/10th of a mile . . . maybe.


Normally I would have ditched the store to take copious photos (I love the fog), but it was too dense to get an interesting shot.  Except maybe this one.


Once the shopping was done, I got busy. 

9 Apricot Yogurt Scones, 12 Chipotle Ranch Chicken Taquitos, 2 Mongolian Beef Dinners,
2 Buffalo Chicken Shepherd's Pies, 12 Buttermilk Spice Muffins, 18 Cornbread Cake Servings,
6 Egg Sandwiches, 8 Apple Bacon Breakfast Cake Servings, 8 Ranch Chicken Mac and Cheese
I had more to make, but ran out of time.   Considering I didn't shop and prep the night before, like I had in the past before a big day of cooking, I think I did okay.  If the recipes make the grade, I am sure they will end up on my What's Cooking page.